LOVING THE VITAMIN C, ANYONE?
Mosambi or Sweet Lime or Citrus Limetta is a refreshing fruit especially in summer & in Delhi we can yet feel the season. Mosambi is somewhat similar to a lemon in appearance, but it has a sweeter taste similar to that of an orange and a perfect drink to refresh you within a minute. I love the both- chewing & drinking it. So apart being revitalizing, it has many health benefits.
- Boost Digestion Process– Due to its contest of Vitamins & Minerals it helps in digestion as well as flushes out body toxins through excretory system. It is recommended to people suffering from indigestion, irregular bowel movement and other gastrointestinal problems.
- Prevents & Treats Scurvy – Scurvy is a disease where you suffer from swollen gums, cracked lips and flu caused by the deficiency of vitamin C. As Mosambi fills the body requirement of Vitamin C, this disease can be prevented.
- Prevents and treats dehydration – It contains lot of water, electrolytes, vitamins & minerals which prevents & treats dehydration.
- Detoxifies Body– Due to its high potassium electrolyte content, maintains proper blood flow all over the body & hence detoxifies.
- Boosts Immunity– Due to its high Vitamin C content, it boosts up immunity level.
- Boosts healthy skin & hair– As we very well know what all can Vitamin C do for skin & hair, so having it will give healthy life. They are used in many cosmetics products which reduce acne, improve the skin tone and moisturize the skin, acne & blemishes, strengthen hair, treat split ends and dandruff.
- Helpful in Joint related diseases : Vitamin C have shown to have effective results on people suffering from arthritis, gout &osteoarthritis.
- Help in weight loss – ReEnergize your body. due to water content doesn’t make you feel hungry or tired. Contains less calories .
- Protects against gastrointestinal problems– Mosambi is high on flavonoids that stimulate the digestive system by increasing the secretion of digestive juices, stomach acids and bile. Make digestion easy & effective.
- Anti-Cancer Properties– The limonoids contained in sweet limes assist in combating various kinds of cancer.
Overall it has many more health benefits due to its nutritional value. So to achieve good health, add mosambi in your diet. But it also has certain health concerns, in people suffering from gall bladder or kidney stones. It’s advisable to avoid as it contains rich amount of oxalates & calcium.
So Eat Wisely!!! Happy Reading!